Director of Philanthropy - Remote
We are delighted to be recruiting for an inspirational leader to join Mary’s Meals International (MMI) as Director of Philanthropy. Reporting to our Chief Growth Officer and working as a key member of our Growth Leadership team, you will lead our growing philanthropy function and take a lead role in developing and supporting global strategic relationships to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of our movement.
With responsibility for the ongoing development and implementation of our global fundraising strategy, you will be bold and brave, seeking new opportunities to foster growth as you seek to maximise our range of funding sources including major donors, foundations, corporations and strategic partnerships. You will also have oversight of our growing Global Ambassador Programme.
- Work in collaboration with our CGO and CEO in the development of key relationships and lead cross functional teams for large global partnerships, ensuring support from key stakeholders.
- Build relationships with our National Affiliate Executive Directors to ensure that global relationships/partnerships are well defined and managed.
- Work collaboratively with the MMI Programmes team on opportunities for government and institutional funding.
- Build relationships with the National Affiliate Executive Directors to ensure that global relationships/partnerships are well defined and that there is one key point of contact to manage the relationship across the organisation.
- Provide oversight and support strategic planning for key donor events.
- Develop and implement new fundraising models, targeting specific sectors and audiences.
- Build and support key relationships with donors, national affiliates and supporters to ensure growth goals are achieved.
- Represent Mary’s Meals at a global level, speaking at conferences, large gatherings, and virtual events.
- Provide support to the Head of Growth Initiatives to identify and cultivate new prospects and channels for income generation.
- Working alongside the Director of Affiliate Growth to provide subject matter expertise training for National Affiliates on connecting with their local HNW/UHNW audiences.
An experienced senior leader, you will be experienced in developing and executing strategies to drive revenue generation across a range of income streams, with success in securing significant multi-year funding, ideally on a global scale. You will foster a collaborative approach, working with our Marketing & Communications, Programmes and our National Affiliates. Committed to our vision, mission and values, you will act as an ambassador for Mary’s Meals, and will bring experience of speaking to large audiences in person and virtually.
You will also need:
- Exceptional communication skills, with proven experience of cultivating strong relationships and ability to effectively represent Mary’s Meals at a local and international level.
- Proven leadership experience, with experience of building capacity, developing, and leading high-performing teams.
- Knowledge of the regulatory framework in relation to fundraising and the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience of working at a senior leadership level and leading a fundraising team.
- Developing and successfully implementing strategies, policies, and procedures.
We have a remote-first approach to work and are happy for you to work remotely and flexibly, in a way that best supports your work life balance, we also have an office near Glasgow city centre for those who live nearby and would like to work from here occasionally or on a regular basis.
We are a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. As an organisation, named after Mary the mother of Jesus and shaped by Christian values, we feel that the way we do things is as important as the result and we welcome all who wish to play their part in our important work. We continue to change the lives of over 2.4 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals.
We are a values-driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. In line with our values, we are fully committed to a culture of safeguarding, we are committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work and we expect all the Mary's Meals family to share this commitment and work in the best interest of the communities we serve. Our safe recruitment practices ensure that only those that are committed to our high standards join our movement.
If you are inspired to join our movement and our vision, mission and values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please click below and please tell us why you want to join Mary’s Meals and why you would make a great Director of Philanthropy here at Mary’s Meals International.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.