Executive Director - Marys Meals USA - Remote
Iowa City, Iowa, United States
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education.
As an organization, named after Mary, the mother of Jesus and shaped by Christian values, we feel that the way we do things is as important as the result and we welcome all who wish to play their part in our important work. We continue to change the lives of over 2.2 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals. Our values are at the heart of our work, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us.
Mary’s Meals USA (MMUSA) is one of Mary’s Meals largest affiliates and contributes approximately 20% of the global organization’s overall fundraising income. We have a US-based employee team of 18 along with a growing movement of grassroots supporters and work in partnership with Mary’s Meals International and other international affiliates in the furtherance of our movement.
Due to internal progression within the Mary’s Meals family, we are delighted to be recruiting for a visionary, mission-driven leader to join Mary’s Meals USA, as Executive Director.
Reporting to our Board of Trustees, you will drive and lead ongoing growth and innovation within MMUSA, as we strive to grow our movement and raise awareness and funds, on a national scale. With an entrepreneurial approach to growth, you will be bold and brave, seeking new opportunities and partnerships to foster growth, as we strive to reach 3 million children by 2023 and 10 million children by 2031.
As Executive Director, you will demonstrate strong servant leadership and bring proven experience of engaging and leading your team through periods of growth and change, fostering a culture of collaboration and innovation. Strategy development, implementation and execution will be key to success, and you will demonstrate service, simplicity and stewardship to support agile growth across a variety of sectors and regions.
- Take ultimate responsibility for raising annual revenue and in partnership with our Director of Development, design and deliver a fundraising strategy for MMUSA focused on our grassroots movement and aligned to MMI’s values and approach.
- Forge new and nurture existing partnerships with various networks—including churches and church networks, schools and universities, and other grassroots communities.
- Oversee our Director of Marketing and Communications to develop and implement MMUSA’s communications and media strategy.
- Oversee all communications and serve as a credible and compelling spokesperson for MMUSA.
- Oversee our MMUSA Director of Finance and Operations, managing, monitoring and reporting on the progress against organizational goals and objectives.
- Serve as the primary liaison to our Board of Directors: manage, inspire and cultivate the board relationships.
Mission-driven, with extensive experience of leading a high performing non-profit or profit-making entity, you will combine your ability to drive growth, develop and nurture productive relationships and inspire our movement. Strategic in outlook, you will role model our dearly held values, inspiring and engaging everyone involved in our movement and representing Mary’s Meals to key supporters, funders and stakeholders.
You will also need:
- Strong experience of revenue generation or fundraising, ideally through a grassroots model.
- Demonstrable skills in establishing, developing and nurturing collaborative relationships at all levels.
- Engaging and inspiring written and oral communication skills
- Experience of representing an organization to key supporters, funders and stakeholders.
We have a remote-first approach to work and are happy for you to work remotely and flexibly, in a way that best supports your work-life balance. Travel across the United States and occasional travel to countries where Mary’s Meals operate, will be required as part of your role.
If you are inspired to join our movement and our vision, mission and values resonate with you, we would love to hear from you. To apply, please click below and please tell us why you want to join Mary’s Meals and why you would make a great Executive Director here at Mary’s Meals USA.
All applicants must currently have the right to live and work in the United States.
Applications will be reviewed on a continuous basis.