Head of Security & Assurance - 12 months FTC - Remote
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated leader to join our Mary’s Meals International team as Head of Security & Assurance. This is a fixed-term 12-month (maternity cover) position, where you will be responsible for providing assurance that the risks the organisation is exposed to have been identified properly and are being managed effectively. You will achieve this through providing oversight and leadership to subject matter experts across the areas of security and health and safety management; internal audit and assurance; and organisational risk management and insurance.
The role will require you to support the security team on delivering existing plans to develop and improve our security and health and safety frameworks, as well as oversee the ongoing management of security risks and issues. You will also provide review and sensible challenge of internal audit findings and support the team to effectively engage with staff across the organisation on delivery of improvement actions. The role is also responsible for ensuring the continued application of Mary’s Meals risk management framework and effective utilisation of our insurance coverage.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Helping progress the agreed strategy of the function and report on progress against team and pillar strategies and plans..
- Leading, developing, coaching and inspiring a high-performing team.
- Providing high quality reporting on matters across the function in line with agreed schedules for governance groups and external stakeholders.
- Overseeing our response, escalation and tracking of any security or risk incidents as and when they may occur to ensure they are handled promptly, effectively, and consistently.
- Supporting the development of a consistent and robust internal control framework by providing advice and/or training as necessary.
- Supporting delivery of planned improvements to our risk management framework and activities, helping to embed a culture of sound risk management.
- Providing governance support on the Programme Affiliate insurance project to deliver improvements to insurance coverage and processes.
A proven leader, you will bring management experience within Security or Internal Audit, and will have a collaborative, solutions focussed approach. With exceptional communication skills and ability to build strong relationships, you will be an implementer of policies, procedures, projects and change. You will be able to analyse and resolve complex issues, and have excellent attention to detail. You will have the drive to produce high quality, accurate reporting to senior staff on security and assurance matters. As an experienced people manager, you will understand the value of effective supervision, challenge, coaching, development and support. Working with many global stakeholders, bringing others with you, and inspiring those in your team will be key to success. Experience of working in a charity and knowledge of the school feeding model would be great but not essential to succeed in this role.
This is a global role, and we are happy for you to work remotely. As part of your role, there may be a requirement for travel to countries where Mary’s Meals programmes operate. You should be aware that given the prominent level of interaction required with the team and other stakeholders, there will be a requirement to work closely with UK time zones.
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of over 2.4 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals. We offer more than a role; we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on personal development and collaboration. We believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us.