Web & Applications Developer - Remote
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Mary’s Meals International is delighted to be recruiting for a talented Web & Applications Developer to join our growing in-house development team. We offer an amazing opportunity to use your talents to create positive change in the world, you might be looking for your first professional software development role after university or might be looking for something more from your career as a web developer. Working in an Agile environment, you will have the opportunity to work across a variety of exciting global projects using cutting edge technologies.
Supporting technical change and support across our global suite of websites, CRM and other applications, you will play a key role in supporting the global family. Mary’s Meals has made a long-term commitment to technology as an enabler for future growth and we offer the opportunity to support our movement in a dynamic, inclusive, values driven environment with a real focus on personal development and flexible working. We are happy for this role to be fully remote.
Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education. We continue to change the lives of 2 million children who today will receive a Mary’s Meal.
Reporting to our IT Applications Lead, your key duties will include:
- Supporting the development and implementation of application roadmaps in line with overall global IT strategy;
- Developing and maintain global websites for our National Affiliates based on global communications team specification;
- Providing second level support for applications and websites including complex queries on configuration and assessing impact of high severity issues, ensuring timely resolution;
- Collaborating with Testers and Product Owners on functional specifications for websites / application configuration, interfaces & role design;
- Performing configuration and development changes and, where appropriate, collaborate with 3rd party developers to establish technical vision and future development efficiencies; and
- Participating in workshops with stakeholders to help the documentation and development of requirements including explaining limitations and opportunities from a technical perspective.
We are a values-driven organisation, we believe in the innate goodness of people, respect the dignity of every human being and family life and believe in good stewardship of the resources entrusted to us. To apply please click APPLY and tell us why Mary’s Meals and this role would be a great fit for you.