How we spend donations
For every pound you give to us, we spend a minimum of 93p on our charitable activities.
As an organisation working in some of the world’s poorest communities, we’re committed to keeping our running costs low to maximise the good we can do with the donations entrusted to us. At most, we spend just 7 pence of every pound donated on governance and fundraising.
This is only possible because most of our work is done by an army of volunteers in our fundraising countries and in the communities where we work, who carry out lots of little acts of love on our behalf.
The aims of Mary's Meals
The charity's constitution sets out the focus of our charitable activities as:
- To provide a daily meal, in a place of education, for children in the world’s poorest communities.
- To provide relief for those suffering, in any part of the world, as a result of humanitarian crises or poverty; to help people escape poverty; and to provide care for orphaned, abandoned and vulnerable children.
- To raise awareness in the UK and worldwide of poverty issues through education.
- To assist and support the work of other organisations, financially or otherwise, in particular members of the Mary's Meals network throughout the world, the objects of which would be considered to be Charitable Purposes and similar in nature to these objects.
We are dedicated to our commitment to spend at least 93% of all funds received on these charitable activities.
Where your money goes
We believe in the good stewardship of all resources entrusted to us, and we aim to be open and accountable to all our supporters and everyone involved in our work. We have consistently exceeded our commitment to spend at least 93p of every pound donated on our charitable activities. You can find more details on how we spend your donations in our annual reports.
● Charitable activities | ● Fundraising
Please note: The financial information included in the below annual report relates to the first year of operation of Mary's Meals International Organisation (Charity No. SC045223, Company No. SC488380), the entity established on 1 January 2015 which co-ordinates, supports and leads the global Mary's Meals network. For historical financial information relating specifically to the UK organisation (Charity No. SC022140, Company No. SC265941), please visit Mary's Meals UK.